Re: 18V engine

To: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: 18V engine
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 10:09:42 -0400
Hi Paul,

Thanks again.

Just to be sure I understand...

If the car has OD and first gear is synchro, then I have a J type
overdrive?

I would guess a parts car will not be running. How can I tell in that
case? By model year? Which model year started the synchro first gear?

Hmmm.... I have two MGBs...really 1 1/2. A complete 73 (chrome bumper)
which needs a lot of drive train mechanical work and the sills repaired,
and a 68-71 BMH body shell. I think what you have told me is, as a
possibility, I could fix all the mechanical drive train stuff (Engine,
transmission, and diff) on the 73, drive it for a while, and then when I
do the  body shell, based on a 68-71 parts car, I can put the drive
train from the 73 in the body shell? It's all just bolt in -- fits the
68-71 wiring harness etc.?

Thanks,

Don