Re: Rheostat and the burned wires

To: aschneider@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: Rheostat and the burned wires
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 19:43:29 -0400
Aubrey,
  Changing the lightbulbs is straightforward, though small large hands
make a simple job difficult.
   Disconnect the battery or use your kill switch. There should not be
any bare wires under the dash, but play it safe.
   Look in the handbook to see where each bulb fixture is held in each
instrument.
Laying on your back with feet out the door or over the seatback,
flashlight in one hand and other free, reach up and pull the metal bulb
holder forward, toward the engine.  Bulb holder can be sticky in the
hole, but a little twist and continued pulling will ease it out. Don't
pull the wire!
   Wipe the holder clean of dust, screw in new bulb, put a small dab of
vaseline or grease on the bulb holder and slide it back in.  Repeat on
all the others.
Bob