Re: Rheostat and the burned wires

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.cx>, "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rheostat and the burned wires
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:46:07 +0100
No 'then again' required, that is exactly what will happen when paralleled
bulbs are in series with a resistance.  One bulb fails, the total current
reduces, the volt-drop in the resistance reduces, the voltage available to
the remainder of the bulbs goes up...

Also those bulbs almost double the current going through the rheostat.