baffles vs accusump vs oil cooler

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: baffles vs accusump vs oil cooler
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:30:44 -0700
Excuse the crosspost from my BBS at www.mgbexperience.com/bbs ...

I was thinking about putting a baffle in the oil pan during this engine
rebuild, since I plan on autocrossing the B next year. Don't need the
modified sump for extra capacity, though. However I got thinking, and
I'm currently favouring installing an Accusump instead. No need for
baffles if you're got an Accusump right? Assuming the oil starvation
doesn't exceed the Accusump's capacity, but I'm pretty sure the reported
problems on hard cornering are momentary. Does it do any damage to the
oil pump?

Might put the Accusump in where the oil cooler was, and do away with the
oil cooler altogether. I know this is a hot topic, some think its
essential, some think its actually bad for your engine, some are
neutral. Being in the Northwest, conditions are usually pretty cool
here. However I do take it for long, high-speed drives. Of course the
argument can always be made that the Landcrab which shared the B-series
engine and was, I believe, actually tuned higher than the B did not have
an oil cooler and didn't suffer for the lack...

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)