Re: When "Classic" really meant "Classic"...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: When "Classic" really meant "Classic"...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:41:04 -0700
Right, but is your car in stock configuration?

Mine has a somewhat recent BMH Gold Seal rebuild, internal configuration
unknown (non-smog, high compression, at any rate), a 4-synchro tranny, and
175R14 tires. With the original carbs, distributor, and exhaust setup, at
least it shouldn't be any slower than stock, but it wouldn't be exactly a
typical specimen.

Come to think of it, from what I've seen at shows and other gatherings, it
would be difficult to find a completely original late-65, 66 or 67 B. The
pull handle roadsters are frequently restored to original spec, and a lot of
the RBBs are basically unaltered, but later CBs all seem to be tweaked one
way or another.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149