Re: Off topic - Spams

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Subject: Re: Off topic - Spams
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:49:13 -0400
It's a never ending battle, I must get 40 a day, maybe more.  It's
impossible to filter, since they even fake addresses.  You could, however,
probably filter for stuff sent from Taiwan, China, Russia, etc., unless you
do business there, since a lot of it comes out of those places.

If it takes long to come in, consider getting an email program like
Eudora.  It's only $30 or so, but you can filter out a lot of stuff and
also have it refuse to download files over any specific size (for instance,
mine is set so that anything over 40k won't download until I expressly tell
it to, or delete it from the server).  Plus, it has the added advantage of
being immune to a lot of the virii that you catch using Microsoft Outlook.

- Tab