Re: no title

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>, JAMES SCHULTE
Subject: Re: no title
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:46:51 -0700 (PDT)
In NH it is 15 years, In Maine it is 1984, In Mass it is 1980. Each State is
different and Mass RMV can be ..well,,,,, that is one of the reasons I left to
Maine :-)
I am hoping it can be easy but sometimes going from State to State can be night
mare. I tried to reg a car from NH to Maine and it took a dealer from each
state, $40  and a bottle of Johnny Walker Red Label to get it registerable in
Maine (I am not kidding). Sometimes those DMV people can have zero sense of
humor or flexibility.I am confident that I can get my answers via a couple of
phone calls tomorrow. Thanks to all for the help today.
Carl
Carl
 Tab Julius wrote:I live in NH, and have a '78. I'm not looking for an antique
tag, but to
prove I own my car, if I had no title, I would just need a current
registration and a bill of sale. If I couldn't prove that either, then a
state police officer would have to verify the car visually. But they will
register cars over, I think, 15 years without a title,