Re: How to defeat locking steering wheel?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to defeat locking steering wheel?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 10:40:59 -0700
Well, unless you are enamored of the concept of a time capsule <g>, it
shouldn't be very difficult to get a key made. Mine only has one tang and
one notch to it.

My PO apparently used the glove box key as the ignition key, judging from
the wear on it. Unfortunately, the ignition key doesn't work in the glove
box, or you'd have a possible solution there. The gas key works in the
ignition, too, but not the reverse -- I suppose this is an indication as to
the state of the tumblers in the ignition switch.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149