My B for sale... (and a Midget)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: My B for sale... (and a Midget)
From: "Ryan Irwin" <ButterscotchB@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 01:01:42 -0500
Well, I know it's not the best time to sell a car with winter on the horizon,
but as of January I'm moving to Chicago.  Which is great in itself, but i
won't be able to take my MGB with, space constraints and all...

So here's the info:

1972 MGB, butterscotch in color (formerly Harvest Gold, don't know when it was
painted).  Approx 52,000 miles presumed original.  Dark blue interior, tear in
driver's seat.  Wire wheels. Original jack, jack bag, lead mallet, spanner,
spare tire (bald, but the wire wheel's good).  Original(?) grease gun.
Tonneau cover (I've never used it).  Original, functional, AM radio.
Everything on this car works.  OK, the blue thing is missing from the Highbeam
indicator...   And the horns seem a bit weak.  But I'll be very honest with
you guys because I'd much rather see it with someone I know will take proper
care of it, it needs a bit of body work.  There's rust on the sills (duh).
Crack in the windshield on the far passenger side.  A couple little winter
projects and this will be one VERY drivable beautiful car by spring.  It's
already very drivable.  New plugs, and I had the valves tightened down about
200 miles ago, have a reciept for a complete engine rebuild about 3000 miles
ago (1996).  I'll scan that.  As far as I can tell, the only thing on this car
that's not original is the paint.

Asking $3,500.  Email me back with any questions (and I'm working on pictures,
so don't ask... yet).  The car's located in Granger, IN between South Bend and
Elkhart.

For $4,000 I'll throw in the 1961 MG Midget.  (you can ask about that too if
you want it separately)

Ryan Irwin
1961 MG Midget
1972 MGB