Re: God Awful squeal - bad news?

To: tab@penworks.com
Subject: Re: God Awful squeal - bad news?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:29:37 EDT
I bought a rebuilt starter for my Midget and I was NOT impressed by the
quality of the rebuild.  I decided to take my old starter to an auto-electric
shop and let them rebuild it.  It cost as almost much as a new starter, but
it also looked and worked like new.  Be careful when you buy a rebuilt.

With the Midget, there is no need for a lift to remove the starter.  (Again,
I don't know what car you have.)  In my car, you reach down from the top,
pull the starter towards the front of the car, whilst angling it downwards,
then remove it straight up, pinion end first.  It is probably possible to do
it from underneath, but I don't have a lift either.  (Yet!)

Allen Hefner
Philly Region RoadRally Steward
Merchandise Chairman
'77 MG Midget #51 (FSP)