RE: Speedo problems.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speedo problems.
From: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 14:15:44 -0600
Kevin, I think we went through this about 6 months ago.  Maybe someone
can remember something I don't.

If your tranny is from a 1975-1980 car you can just slide in a later
speedo.

If your transmission is from a 1969-1974 car the 'proper' speedo is too
small for your dash.  You have two options. You can tear the tranny
apart and replace the internal speedo gear to match a 1977-1980 speedo
(1000 tmp)then install one in your dash.  Or there are speedo shops that
will build a small transmission which fits between the speedo and the
tranny it will compensate for the mis-match.

Larry Hoy