Re: MGB GT Emissions test

To: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB GT Emissions test
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:52:22 -0500
Presently, in Illinois, the test for old cars is less stringent, but our MGs
are now considered collector cars, and are given a break. When my B was
emission tested, there was no breaks. It now has an antique plate which
exempts it from testing.

Illinois used to run newer cars on a dynamometer, but the unskilled testers
damaged so many cars that the requirement has  changed. I have two late
model cars that don't need testing as yet, so I don't know the new rules.

Jack