Re: MGB GT Emissions test

To: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB GT Emissions test
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:59:53 +0100
If the tests are similar to the UK where the limits become progressively
more stringent as the production year advanced then I can see why an early
car will pass more easily than a later car.  The engines were basically the
same throughout, so the factory had to add more and more stuff to make them
pass, all of which can deteriorate or go wrong over the years, and it became
harder to achieve.  At the end the factory were having to test every car and
do things like disable vacuum advance on some cars to get them through.