Re: Heat Shield Help

To: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>,
Subject: Re: Heat Shield Help
From: <libhart@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:11:56 -0400
I have just completed an engine rebuild, and restored my heat shield by
applying, on the side facing the carbs, a sheet material offered through SUMMIT
Racing Products that is rated up to 1500 degrees.  It has an aluminized face on
one side, and adhesive backing on the other, with a material sandwiched
between.  You will also find some tabs on the heat shield assembly that should
be bent down over the material once applied to be sure it does not come loose.

Sorry I do not recall the specific name of the material, but it is available in
a small piece that was ample for this job for less than $20 if I recall.  You
might check SUMMIT's website.

Martin
72 MGB/GT