Re: uhaul tow dolly/transport 70B

To: schultejim@prodigy.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: uhaul tow dolly/transport 70B
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:23:40 EDT
In a message dated 10/18/02 6:52:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
schultejim@prodigy.net writes:

> Rick,
> Some of us don't have the family situations you
> apparently have.  I have a special needs son that
> needs 100% of our attention.

My comment was made to those enthusiasts who refuse to drive their MGs
further than the 50 yards from trailer to showfield...IF the car will even
start...

Most of you do not know that I, too, have a special needs son...Tim, my 15
year old, has cerebral palsy and is wheelchair bound. While he has not made
it to many events with us, he has enjoyed the ones he's been to...when Tim
accompanies us, we take either one car (the Pathfinder which will accomodate
his wheelchair), or two...in which Tim rides with me in the MG.

At MG '96, there was a yellow MGB with a hitch which was adapted to hold the
wheelchair of a young man. I applaud his parents.

My point is...get out and drive your MGs, stop worrying about rock
chips....you only go around once.

And..Kelvin is absolutely correct....I am definitely a "special needs"
enthusiast with a very understanding wife....

True....I probably missed the original post concerning the U-Haul trailer...I
only caught Stowe, etc.

Now then....how about we all regain our senses of humour......I thought that
my comment about divorce would have at least been seen as a "tongue-in-cheek"
comment.

rick ingram
Past Chairman, NAMGBR ('93-'97)
Founder, Prairie Octagon MG Club of Illinois
1978 MGB Tourer
1969 MGC Tourer
1974.5 MGB/GT V8