Re: Tachometer

To: Tim Baxter <baxter@gretschpages.com>
Subject: Re: Tachometer
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:12:45 -0500
  The white circuit runs through the tach to the coil primary.  IOW, the
tach is in series with the coil and points, so when you pull off a white
wire it's the same as turning off the ignition switch.

  The green wire is the 12 volt power to the tach electronics and is a
blade connector.  I had a Midget with a non-functionsl tach until I
found out there was no power to the electronics, so I'd check that
there's 12 volts on the green wire when the ignition is turned on.  If
there is and the grounds are good, I'd surmise the the problem is in the
tach.

  Cheers,

  CR