Re: Replacing floor boards and other things

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacing floor boards and other things
From: "Jeff Fayne" <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:50:10 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>
To: "Jeff Fayne" <fayne@attglobal.net>; <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 10:36 PM

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Thanks, sounds good.
>
> What kind of drill bits are you using that you can avoid drilling into
> the cross member with the point of the drill?
>
> Don Malling

I started out using a spot weld drillbit I purchased from Eastwood, it
worked for the first few welds, but seemed to get dull pretty quickly.  I
ended up switching to a normal 3/8" bit.
http://www.eastwoodco.com/aspfiles/itemdy01.asp?UID=2002102323474570&T1=1901
7&Dep_Key1=WelDg

You will drill a bit into the bottom layer using this method, but the idea
is to try not to  drill all the way though. No problem if you do, it just
means more grinding and you will most likely want to plug weld that hole to
the floorboard from the bottom up (no fun if you have to weld on your back.)

Jeff
'70B