Re: semi-winterizing a B

To: jmc987@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: semi-winterizing a B
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:49:55 -0400
Joe,
   You might also want to tape a piece of cardboard to block about 1/2
the radiator from wintry blasts.  Watch the temp gauge until you know for
sure that 1/2, or 3/8, or 2/3,  or whatever, coverage is best for your
temperatures and your thermostat.
   Duct tape works well to cover the oil cooler and gives a nice shiny
appearance to the engine space.
   Covering the air intake at the windshield may reduce cold draughts in
the car, though it may also reduce the supply of incoming air to your
heater.
   With the bonnet raised on a sunny day, look under the dash for any
light sources. These can be duct-taped or plugged with sealant to exclude
draughts.
Bob

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:51:53 -0400 joseph cianciotti
<jmc987@earthlink.net> writes:
> On the west coast, I drove my B year round. Now that it's in NY,
> it'll probably spend most of the winter in the garage. But I would like
> take it out on the occasional clear day. I'm thinking it would be good
for
> both me and the car. Is there anything I should do to prep the car for
such
> intermittent use? Already Waxoiled it, coolant mixture is 50/50 and
> I'll probably invest in one of those covers for the oil cooler.
Anything