Re: Choke Operation

To: MG-BBS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Choke Operation
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 23:52:00 -0500
If I may, a suggestion.  I have had a choke cable slide out of it's
clamp at the carb end, yes I know - I didn't put enough of a bend in the
cable, but someone passed on the advice to depress the throttle pedal
first then pull out the choke cable.  Then start the car.  This relieves
some of the resistance on the cable due to the throttle return spring.
FWIW,
Dave
59 :{)