Re: Heater cables, shipfitters disease

To: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Heater cables, shipfitters disease
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:10:15 +0100
So both cable types suffer of misoperation.
What I find is that the last travel of the valve to the closed position is
far too tough for the mechanism.
The valve looks like new, so I don't think age is a problem here.

BTW how did the storm hit your place?
Personally we only had a broke fence, but 6 people were killed in the
Netherlands where three people drowned and two others were hit deadly by
tree branches. One man was picked by the wind and "slammed" against a cast
iron fence and was dead instantly.
Thousands of trees were broken.
On sunday all public transport was discontinued after noon and today many
tracks still don't operate.
Airporsts were closed and many people were stranded there or at stations.

Wind forces up to 11-12 hit the coast.

Any options on the cable?

Cheers,

Hans