Was Goguen Auction - now Treasure Troves

To: pamdav@ida.net
Subject: Was Goguen Auction - now Treasure Troves
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 21:05:59 -0700
Similarly, Some local British car fans and I ran across a guy just last
week that is getting up there and has a treasure trove of stuff just
around the corner from me in Idaho Falls, ID.  We took some digital
pictures for him of an MGA Coupe and a TR6 - They're supposet to be for
sale on e-bay soon, and both were pretty nice - the TR6 even had air
conditioning that wasn't a cobble job (looked like a factory add on).
 He also had a really old dismantled rolls, a jag mkX, some engines of
various sorts (at least two were jag engines), misc. american stuff, a
couple MGB's in various states of dismantleship, and a triumph TR4
sitting out in the weather - buches of other stuff too.  But the
interesting thing was that in talking with the guy, he has a 1937 MG-TA
at home.  He would part with any of it, but I get the idea he wants top
dollar for everything he has.  We'll have to just see how the e-bay
auctions are (i.e. where the reserves are set and/or where opening bid is).

Phil Bates
'58 MGA
'67 MGB
misc other stuff.