Knock-off hubs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Knock-off hubs
From: =?windows-1255?Q?=EE=F8=E8=E9=EF_=F8=E5=E2=E5=E1=E9=EF?=
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:59:33 +0200
Got into an argument today with someone over the correct side for wire wheel
hubs.
I said the spinners are marked 'left' and 'right' according to the side of
the car they should be on as you sit in the drivers seat.
He claimed that 'left' and 'right' referred to the thread on the hubs only
and that mine were reversed.
We argued about the physics of it for a while and then gave up trying to
convince each other.

Can anyone explain in clear terms the physics of keeping a knock-off on a
moving car?
(or point me to a website that does the same)
(I checked the archives and couldn't find anything)

I could use some reassuring that my hubs are on the correct sides as well.
Which way should the 'undo' arrow point with regard to the forward motion of
the wheel?

RMartin
70 roadster
Tel Aviv