RE: Body roll

To: "'Eric'" <eric@erickson.on.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Body roll
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:21:48 -0800
Eric:

The suspension on these old P6 and P6B Rovers was extremely advanced.  The
front uses a knee action with tremendous travel, the rear a De Dion design
with inboard disc brakes.  An alloy shell over steel inner structure gave
tremendous structure strength.  The combination gave very good handling and
a comfortable ride.  The long suspension travel does result in lots of roll
under extreme cornering, but all four wheels stick to the ground and that's
the important thing.

Rover took a major step backwards when the SD1 arrived with cost effective
Strut front suspension and Watts linkage bear rear axle.

Kelvin Dodd
80 Rover SD1

Rover.  Not just an MGB V8 donor.