Re: Body roll

To: doddk@mossmotors.com, eric@erickson.on.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Body roll
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:50:57 EST
In a message dated 11/4/02 9:26:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

> The suspension on these old P6 and P6B Rovers was extremely advanced.  The
> front uses a knee action with tremendous travel, the rear a De Dion design
> with inboard disc brakes.  An alloy shell over steel inner structure gave
> tremendous structure strength.  The combination gave very good handling and
> a comfortable ride.  The long suspension travel does result in lots of roll
> under extreme cornering, but all four wheels stick to the ground and that's
> the important thing.

- - - - - - - - - -

I loved my '67 2000TC.  It did handle well, and the monocoque design made the
body incredibly tight and strong.  You could slowly push each door closed
with your little finger.

Pretty good power from the 2000cc 4 banger, for a good sized 4 seater.  I
loved downshifting on the Interstates to pass.

I miss that car!

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget (The Project)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (awaiting a new ECU!)