Re: questions about handling (Re: Wire Wheels ...)

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>, "Mgs@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: questions about handling (Re: Wire Wheels ...)
From: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 15:17:24 -0800 (PST)
Max,
I sold my 78B 1 month or so ago, but before I did, I
tried my wife's tires on it.  They are 185 65 14
Goodyears.  They really improved the handling of my
78B.  I could corner better and had better grip.  The
front end had been lowered 1" by the PO.  I had tube
shocks in the front and levers in the back.  Sorry to
counter your statement but the tires did make a
difference.  However, the car was not as fast.  I
could tell some difference in speed.  Don't ask me how
I knew but it just was a feeling I had.  I would
change them in the same day and play with them for the
reasons mentioned earlier.  I enjoyed  the 78B more
with the lower profile tires.   They are now on the
70B and are a lot of fun to drive on really windy
roads.  The 70 doesn't even sway (-:
Jim
69C
70B