Re: Was: Muchos Gracias Now: Muchas Dinero

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Was: Muchos Gracias Now: Muchas Dinero
From: Stephen West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:23:51 -0500
Barney Gaylord wrote:

> As for the current crop of MGs possibly getting into the US, I suppose the
> total absence of tarrifs might not even help much.  There are other issues
> of vehicle pricing which are probably the overbearing restraint, and the
> capital investment involved to ramp up production when developoment money
> within the company is having to be rationed.  And then there's that still
> nagging (but not insurmountable) problem of prior existing dealer
> franchises.  I'm not holding my breath, but I am betting that some new MGs
> will get here eventually (given at least a few more years), and also
> betting that the company will not fold in the interim.

Considering the price range of the vehicle, they don't need the support
services
or to worry about ramping up production initially. All they have to do
is conform to the US
regulations and be placed into the conforming vehicle list. Then the
purchaser can import the car as a conforming vehicle. Then once a few
get here, demand can be created in the US market.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems