update on 69C purchased in Manchester, NH in September

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: update on 69C purchased in Manchester, NH in September
From: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 18:05:43 -0800 (PST)
Listers,
For those that like to follow the progress of us
rookies doing a C for the first time, here is an
update.  If you want to give advice, please do so.
The plan is to replace all rubber and gaskets so the
car can be started and engine checked.  I've removed:
the fuel pump( rebuild for $80.00 coming from TRF),
the radiator(recored for $295.00 by Dick's in Upper
Hanover Twp. PA), all brackets , fan and shroud for
rad(bead blasted by Jim at For-Am in Souderton primed
and painted), gas tank(new one for $119.00 made in
Canada from Atlanta Imports Auto Parts as well as an
Amco console $89.95), Alternator (rebuilt by For-Am
for $75.00), wires scrapped, wire brushed and painted
Pep boys wheel paint $10, new Pirelli P4000 185 65 15
speed rated radials mounted and balanced $85.00 each
at CJ Tires near Reading PA,  Brake Boosters will be
shipped to R.I. when guy contacts me, anticipated cost
$600.00 + shipping for both. Heat shield and extension
for $100 was purchased form Ed Madak in Ohio off ebay
and heat deflector material from Summit racing for
$20.  Most rubber hoses, Brake MC, carb rebuild kits,
clutch slave rebuild kit, fan belt, valve cover
gasket, brake pads,
wheel bearings front and back, emergency brake line,
choke T and cable, bonnet release cable, floor sound
deadening pads, rubber for interior, oil and air
filters, tune up parts, oil cooler steel braded lines,

period seat belts, door cap skins, steering wheel
leather wrap, seat cushions, back stiffner, webbing
etc. all came from VB approx. cost
$1300  Blue OE Rug kit from Proper MG $279. Battery +
access. $55, Steering wheel $75 Reg Kennedy Phila. MG
Club(had a Mustang steering wheel on it ?!?), Hand
brake Jim Craig Phila. MG Club free..What a guy (-:
sensor for carb air filter
fan free from Bryan Pryor sp? in Texas, thanks guy!
Seat skins out for bid, looking for gray leather.
Soft top yet to be purchased. I'm thinking Navy Blue
Mohair to match rugs.  Car is supposed to be mineral
blue but looks more like a teal blue. Whew!!!! I'm
tired (-; and broke.
Jim
69C
70B

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
1969C_0009.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
1969C_0010.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
1969C_0011.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
1969C_0012.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
1969C_0015.jpg]