RE: rebuilding SU's

To: "'MonteMorris'" <mmorris@nemr.net>, MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rebuilding SU's
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:22:16 -0800
Monte:

Any time you press a bushing into an interference fit hole, there will be
some compression of the inner diameter.  Good machining practice is to
always ream out the ID of any bushing after installation to ensure accurate
tolerance.

The ID must be accurate!  The only way to ensure accuracy is to run a ream
of the correct size through the bushing pair.  This also ensures that they
are in accurate alignment.

This is the difference between correctly rebuilding a component, and codging
one together.  In many cases codged parts work ok, but may end up with
binding or uneven working reistance.

Kelvin.