Re: rebuilding SU's

To: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Subject: Re: rebuilding SU's
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:10:01 -0600
 Hi Paul,

  You've interpreted the procedure the same as I did.  I was wondering
the same thing.  Once the new bushings are in place, don't they need to
be honed to final size?  I guess it depends on how much of an
interference fit you get on the new bushings.

  On putting cutting edges on the back faces of the reamer flutes, I'd
take my dremel with a small stone and try to duplicate the front edges
of the flutes.  Getting them even would be the trick, I think.  I'd be
more inclined to send the carb bodies out to Lawrie.

  OTOH, if you're in a large club that does a lot of resto, mabe a set
of club reamers are in order.

  Cheers,

   CR