Question(s)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question(s)
From: "engl" <engl@cableregina.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 18:06:55 -0600
I joined this list a couple of years ago after buying a B site unseen.  The
car was a big mistake, but was able to sell it as a parts car.

Never got rid of the bug to own a B, and am now looking at a '74, and
looking for some advice.  So I figured I rejoin the list and ask some of the
experts.

The car was built in March 74, has the lower ride height, but has rubber
bumpers.  From what I can get from the info I have to hand, the rubber
bumpers were not introduced until Sept 74.  Do I have that right, and if so
what am I really looking at?

Car seems mechanically sound, except for the fuel gauge (faulty sender) and
a leaking rear axle (needs a seal).  Are these big jobs to repair/replace?
Did not get a chance to get underneath and look at the bushings, so am
suspecting they may need replacement.

Cosmetically it needs a new interior, but the existing one is serviceable.

There is quite a bit of rust at the rear sills, but I have a good handle on
how to fix this (just not sure if I want to go to the expense / effort).  No
"crack of doom".

I there anything else I should know about the early 74's (good or bad)?

Also, I'm trying to figure out a fair value.  Is there anywhere on the web
where I could try to determine what fair value might be?

Bob