Re: MKI, MKII Dashboard

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MKI, MKII Dashboard
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 15:21:27 -0800
Did I understand that your MG is right hand drive? I would have thought it
would be LHD in Europe...

This makes me ask why would you think a US (presumably left hand drive) dash
would work?

Besides that, MKI and MKII cowl areas are different, so the dashes are not
readily interchangeable. This is what keeps US MKII owners from fitting the
relatively common large-gauge MKI dash, which would otherwise be desirable.
On the other hand, I have heard of them obtaining European LHD MKII dashes
for this purpose, and initially I thought you were proposing the reverse
swap. But now I admit I am puzzled by what you are actually proposing.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149