Re: MKI, MKII Dashboard

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MKI, MKII Dashboard
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 16:52:38 -0800
You misunderstand me... perhaps I am misunderstanding Jon, as well...

But to me, RHD means "right hand drive", i.e. steering wheel on the right
side of the dash board, as in the UK and Japan

LHD means "left hand drive" --- steering wheel on the left side, as in the
USA and most of Europe.

You seem to be thinking the meanings are the reverse, but I am confident my
interpretation is the standard one in automotive literature.

On the other hand, I see that Kelvin seemed to think that Jon wanted to
convert his MG from RHD to LHD... I didn't get that impression at all -- I
thought he just wanted another dashboard with large gauges to replace his
dash which had some damage.

... apparently, "What we have here is a failure to communicate"

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149