Re: B brake calipers

To: <Cyc10@aol.com>, <Mowog1@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: B brake calipers
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 13:17:56 -0000
AFAIK the bleeder tightens down onto the caliper casting and that blocks the
hole, and the resultant pressure on the threads seals those.  If the bleeder
hole is still weeping either there is roughness on the caliper where it
tightens down or on the end of the bleeder that mates with it.  Maybe a bit
of the old bleeder was left in after your heat treatment.  The screw should
feel relatively 'free' when turning until it hits the casting, if it is
stiff perhaps that is stopping it going right home, try working it back and
fore to free it up.