Re: 72 BGT Carbs

To: <SHolli1018@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 72 BGT Carbs
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 15:31:25 -0000
All other things being equal I'd go for the HSs.  Fewer bits and ports
inside to go wrong or get blocked, you can get at the float chamber in-situ,
you can confirm correct choke operation visibly, and it seems easier to set
HSs using the lifting pin than HIFs.  Also if you go to ported vacuum and
your carbs are the same as mine the HS port is on the top but the HIF on the
bottom.  The HIF arrangement results in fuel trickling down to the vacuum
cannister and rotting the diaphragm, at UKP35 a pop.