[Fwd: Re: I'm Selling my Black Beauty 73 B Roadster]

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: I'm Selling my Black Beauty 73 B Roadster]
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:55:11 -0600
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: I'm Selling my Black Beauty 73 B Roadster
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:43:17 -0600
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
To: Jerry Erbesfield <jerbesfield@mindspring.com>
CC: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>

Interesting comments that everyone made.  I would highly recommend the
manual transmission Vette over the automatic one.  My daily driver (95
miles per day) is a 2001 Camaro SS (Vette engine with 10 less
horsepower) with the 6 speed manual transmission.  I recently drove a C5
Convertible with an automatic.  The automatic Vette, despite having less
weight and more horsepower, had nowhere near the "snap" of my Camaro -
given a choice of those two cars I would pick the Camaro for more
driving pleasure.  I also work with a guy that traded in his 3 year old
automatic equipped C5 convertible for a new 6 speed convertible and he
could believe the difference (for the better) that the manual
transmission made.  If they equip the manual transmission Vette with the
stupid 'skip shift' feature (like on my Camaro) its easy to defeat with
a $25 plug in part.  Plus with the 6-speed you'll be running 28 mpg on
the highway.  Anyway that was my two cents - have fun!

Kevin Brown  '56 MGTF 1500 RHD, '71 MGB, '78 MGB V8, '70 Corvette
(convertible 4-speed of course!), 2001 Camaro SS (6-speed, T-tops)
Odessa, MO