Re: MGB Leather Seats

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Leather Seats
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:44:01 +1030
ATWEDITOR@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/10/03 2:12:18 PM, mvheim@attbi.com writes:
>
> << 69 had low-backs with removable headrests, in leather. >>
>
> The votes are in--69 was leather.  I was just relying on my own flawed
> memory.  I had a '68 and compempt for what I thought were ugly seats in '69.
> I guess I just assumed that they were not leather, to boot.

Well, who am I to say.

My '68 came with "low back" non-leather seats that looked worn and torn
enough to be original, so I thought '68 B's came with feaux leather.

Still, the treatment I give them, I am probably glad this is the case
because after patching them up - they are already looking a little ratty
again after just three or so years.  And worse still, I am pulling them
out shortly (and storing them with all the other "original parts" I have
removed) to put in racing buckets.

You try throwing your car around a racetrack on a regular basis with LOW
BACK seats and wearing a helmet.  It doesn't do your neck much good and
the lack of "bolsters" means I found myself digging my knee into the
door to hold myself upright.

When I get OLD, however, I can just dust off all the old bits and put
her back together again for my evening cruises from the old peoples'
home :-)

BUT maybe I will need to look for LEATHER seats!

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII