Re: Watch that virus! (No LBC)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Watch that virus! (No LBC)
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:17:19 -0800 (PST)
Mark J Bradakis SEZ -
> Actually the best way to protect against viruses is to run something
> besides Microsoft Windows on your computer.  But the marketing thugs at
> Microsoft have the hook set so deep it is unlikely that is going to happen.

I get so tired of all the "Virus alert!!!!" message storms that
frequent the various mailing lists I subscribe to.  These things
are totally off-topic and waste a tremendous amount of bandwidth.
Mark is right.  If you don't want viruses, don't use Windoze!
If you do use Windoze you have a big bullseye painted on your
computer and you just need to learn to live with the problems
that come from that.

This message is sent from a Hewlett-Packard 9000/R380 running
HP-UX 11.0 with elm as the frontend for sendmail.  I laugh
at your impotent puny viruses!  Ha!  Ha!  Ha!

  :-)

--
David Breneman                   |  "The new version - it's not there to
                                 |  fix bugs. That's not the reason we
 My own opinions,                |  come up with a new version."
 not my employer's.              |                          - Bill Gates

[Actually a lot of 'virus warnings' are also filtered out as well as virus
 laden messages themselves.  So you don't see as many virus alerts on Team.Net
 lists as you otherwise might.  mjb.]