MGA Havana, Cuba - hand made everything

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Havana, Cuba - hand made everything
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:13:06 -0600
Greetings,

Grapes or Wrath is alive and well in the 21st century.

We have another message from Demis with answers to some of our questions,
and a few more pictures.  Demis thanks you all for encouraging
messages.  So far so good on the e-mail circuit.

The older man in the picture is Demis' stepfather.  The blue car is a
Plymouth flat head 6.  MG parts in Cuba are more scarce than hen's teeth,
and money is, .... .... well to tell the truth, it isn't.

Our friendly MGA is now a 195? MG 1600/1500 - Lada - Lada - Moskovich -
Lada - Lada - US Wheels - VW - Ford.  And Demis still thinks this is the
most original MGA on the island.  I'm still wondering if the left front
inner fender is a transplant as well.

Has anyone of us ever tried to hand make rubber engine mounts and packing
kits for hydraulic cylinders?  I'm not absolutely certain, but the wood
steering wheel appears to be made form an old cooling fan, but quite
sporty.  As I suspected, steering rack boots are a BIG problem.

I have started a new page, so click arrows to flip pages.  The new one is here:
http://mgaguru.com/guest/demis/index2.htm

Hoist a toast for the most determined soul in MG-dom.

Cheers, a hundred times over,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude (a very humble one today)
http://MGAguru.com