Re: Potential Scam Warning

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Potential Scam Warning
From: Zubrovka <zubrovka@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:56:23 -0500
I got one of those from someone in Africa about my '41 Lincoln coupe
I have for sale.  It's a basketcase and I've had it on the Lincoln
Zephyr site for several months, asking 500 for the remains.  First
letter this person sent was asking me if I still had the car, which I
replied, yes.
Then I got the scam letter.  I don't know who goes along with these
things, I mean I hope to God nobody does, but just how blind and
greedy could someone be to get themselves wrapped up in something
like that?
I'm enclosing the letter for y'all to see.
At 11:29 AM -0500 1/14/03, Itohowo Udofiah wrote:

>Thanks for your mail. We need this car for a movie, I will instruct
>my client to issue a cashier check of $6,000 in your name and once
>the check clears your bank, you deduct cost of the Product and my
>balance is sent back to me through western union money transfer.this
>is so cos it takes time for american checks to clear over here but
>takes a few days to clear over there. If that is accepted by you,
>please let me have your full name, address and phone number that
>will be written on the check and as soon as the check is sent to
>you, i will let you know.
>Thanks
>
>Udofia

Scary, huh?