Re: This time for sure!

To: MGs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: This time for sure!
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:24:23 -0800
My MG has been back on the road for about a day and a half now. It's
really fun having an MGB with more horsepower than handling. I guess
that it's time look at tube shock conversions again. The one cloud on
the horizon seems to be the belt.  There have been a couple of times
that I've wound the car out for more than a brief moment and she
started making a thwap, thwap, thwap sound that went away once the
engine slowed down sufficiently. It sounds almost like a belt or
pulley and I've noticed a couple bits of string flapping off the
belt. I'm worried that it might be pulley alignment, though I did my
best to check it when I assembled the motor. Since I've had the blower
on and off about 4 or 5 times, there's a chance I might have damaged
the belt in all the excitement someplace.

Is there some special incantation or ritual for adjusting these belts?

Bill and I are looking to get rear ends made up. I want limited slip
as it is good for about 4 seconds a lap at the track. I also want disc
brakes because they are self adjusting and I'm really tired of having
to that extra play in the pedal after a session or two at the
track. Our goal is to be able to build these, using Ford 8" rear ends
for under $1,000.  If you are interested in trying to get in on a
quantity buy (and saving some money on it) let me know. Also, if you
know of any ford 8" rear ends around, please let me know. Bill and I
are in the SF Bay Area. The guy Bill found that does the conversions
in in the Portland Area.

   Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.