Re: Returning Lister

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Returning Lister
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:06:08 +1030
Neil Oldfield wrote:

> Thanks carl, and all the other listers
>
> For welcoming me back,  it is good to see Eric is still around and
> pillaging. I hope his car is still as pretty as it was.

Oh dear - hi Neil, my primrose tatty old thing ain't pretty enough to
show off amongst the concours cars at the Australia Day parade in
Adelaide right now - but maybe next year.

> My last mail got cut short by a system problem but was going to ask if any
> of our other Aussie listers were going to be at the Australia Day Displays.

We always get a good number of cars along and end up back at the
clubrooms for a barbecue.  The weather forecast for this weekend is HOT
HOT HOT (40C+ degrees - 105F or more) so I hope people remember their
sunscreen, hats and maybe an umbrella girl to stand beside the cars.
This year the parade runs "down hill" here, so most of the older cars
should be able to make it through ;-)

I'll be there to cheer the crew and club members - and hopefully in my
new project car, my 1985 Rover SD1 Vanden Plas - it has a roof AND
airconditioning :-)  Poor old Primrose needs a rest and will probably
spend some time off the road preparing for the 2004 race season.  She
deserves the break.

Nice to see you back.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Australians all let us rejoice, for we are young and free"
(well, maybe not so young)