RE: Fitted seat covers

To: "'joseph cianciotti'" <jmc987@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Fitted seat covers
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:13:52 -0800
Joseph:

The seat covers you are referring to are designed specifically for the 73-80
seat design.  They may fit the 70-72, but I think would be a bit baggy.  I
havn't had a chance to check them on the that year of car yet.  They will
work no better than generic covers on the 62-69 cars, so I don't recomend
them.

We had the covers made up to offer a good looking alternative for folks with
torn upholstery that didn't want to spend the money for a full interior
redo, or who wanted a cover to keep new seats clean on daily driver cars.
I'm in the latter group, as I put new original covers on my 1980 MGB seats,
but I'll be climbing in and out with greasy overalls for a while yet.  The
slip on covers look ok, match the beige interior and protect the new seat
vinyl.

We are thinking of offering them in leather too, so any input would be
appreciated.  I had a set of grey leather samples in my Miata when it got
hit (see MGs arn't the only ones getting totaled) and they were really nice.

hope this helps

Kelvin.