RE: driving a target/mgb in Atlanta (was RE: ?High

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: driving a target/mgb in Atlanta (was RE: ?High
From: "Mages, Michael" <michael.mages@leanintree.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:57:34 -0700
For those of you looking for hard data on rollovers on trucks vs. cars, broken
down by type, make, model and various road conditions, you can check the
following report by the Insurance Institute.  I have been doing a little
research because of this discussion, and this seems to be the best data I have
come across.

ABSTRACT
Characteristics of the driver, roadway environment, and vehicle were associated
with the likelihood of rollover occurrence in more than 14,000 single-vehicle
fatal and 78,000 single-vehicle injury crashes during 1995-98. Rollovers were
more likely in crashes involving young drivers or occurring on rural curves.
After accounting for the effects of driver age and gender, roadway alignment
and surface condition, and whether or not the crash occurred in a rural area,
light trucks were still twice as likely as cars to experience rollovers.

http://www.hwysafety.org/fed/nhtsa%5Fds%5Fakl%5F082201.pdf