Fuel Cell Size Question

To: "Vintage Race Digest" <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Fuel Cell Size Question
From: "NSippel" <nsippel@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:22:11 -0500
I'm looking to replace the Euro-style fuel cell in my Turner with a "real"
one.  I don't want to have one custom-made as I did for my MGB.  But, I do
need one that is not as high as the current one.  Current dimensions are: 8"
high x 18" wide x 12" front-to-back.  I can go wider.  But, I need one less
than 8" high as the current one has  been hit a few times because it hangs
so low.  And, I haven't begun to lower the car yet.

I mount the cell on the underside of the trunk because I need room in the
trunk for a spare tire & also want to keep the fuel weight as low as
possible.

I looked through ATL's catalog & shallowest one in there is 8.25" but is too
big in other dimensions.

Any ideas for a source will be appreciated.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB
'59 Turner