RE: Paint shell rolling or not?

To: "'Kevin Smith'" <ksmith40@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Paint shell rolling or not?
From: "Matthew Hale" <haleme@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:37:26 -0500
This is probably dependant on a few things.  How much do you want to
spend on the paint job, will the shop accept it in a non rolling state
and can you get it there without wheels?  I found a paint and body shop
in Atlanta that will accept a non rolling vehicle, but the cost is more
for another reason.  I am paying them to paint more than the outside;
they are also painting the interior, engine compartment, trunk and
bottom.  I guess this is personal preference.  How far are you willing
to go and spend?  Don't forget, that when removing parts from the body,
you are bound to find rust and other fun stuff that will need to be
replaced or repaired before you can paint.

I striped mine to the bare body shell and built a dolly to make the car
mobile.  It only takes two people to lift it off the jack stands and
place on the dolly.  I believe I only spend $100 on the materials at
Home Depot and an afternoon to assemble.  I can supply pictures and
plans upon request off the list.

Matthew Hale
67 B
http://projectmgb.phathookups.com/