Bolt Question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bolt Question
From: stevep <stevep@driversroad.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:06:50 -0800
the patient is a 58 mga 1500 with drum brakes.  As rebuilding continues I
have been replacing bolts, nuts and other hardware but cannot find the 4
bolts that hold the brake backing plate to the spindle locally.  Moss wants
over three bucks each.  The head of these bolts are not as tall as regular
bolts and also have a rounded top.  Looking at it I don't see where the
extra height of the regular bolt head would interfere with anything once the
shoes and the drum is attached.

The question is;  would it be ok to bypass the expensive hardware and  use
regular bolts or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Steve Petrosky
58A, 78B