Hi, I'm back for a little bit, have a question about my twin SU

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hi, I'm back for a little bit, have a question about my twin SU
From: James Laukaitis <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:42:21 -0500
List,

Hi, I have been absent for a bit. I have a '67 BGT that I was rebuilding
the carbs on. After much procrastination I got them rebuilt and back on. It
looked like the front carb was not getting gas. I played with the float a
little bit and got them started, but the engine is running rough, and when
I hold my hand over the air intake, the engine doesn't stall or anything.
If I cover the rear SU I have maybe 3 seconds before the car will start to
stall. Also, when I hold my hand over the rear carb my hand is a little wet
with gas. That is not the case with the front carb. What is actually going
on, is it working? I can imagine the car is running on two cylinders, I
figured it just wouldn't start. Can anyone help with a little diagnostics?

Thanks,

Jim Laukaitis
IBM Global Services, SDC NorthEast - Watson Print Team
T.J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY
tieline 8-862-3208, out (914) 945-3208, pager: 1-800-250-6323,
pin:9149741495
email: jim5@us.ibm.com
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
-Gandalf