Re: Ford five speed conversion

To: budkrueger@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Ford five speed conversion
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:40:57 -0500
Bud,
  Interesting that you had to have the speedo re-calibrated on the TD.
When I changed gears, the speedo became honest for the first time in its
life. I anticipated having to adjust for the different axle gearing, but
it was not necessary. My change was from the 4.875 gears to 4.1.
Bob

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:08:00 -0500 Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
writes:
> Larry,
>
>      I'm one of those who have changed their TD's differential from
> the stock 5.125:1 gearing to 4.3:1 gears from an MGA.  Obviously, this
raises
> havoc with the speedometer/odometer.  Last fall I had my speedometer
refurbished by  Margaret Lucas (really) from  MoMa of Albuquerque [ (505)
766-6661].  She