Re: Ford five speed conversion

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Ford five speed conversion
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:12:00 -0500
Hi Bob,

     You have me puzzled on that one.  My speedometer was in serious need of TLC
as it was, so I could never even think of using it for my road speed.  However,
it was the odometer that really dictated the need for the recalibration.
Changing from the original 5.125:1 to the new 4.3:1 caused there to be an error
of almost 20% from the odometer.  It's now accurate to about 2%.  Yours should
have been off by about 13%.

Bud