Re: taps and dies

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: taps and dies
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 23:11:05 -0500
I have a small sears set in my toolbox.  It comes in a plastic case with
clear top goes from #6 to 3/8 in coarse and fine thread.  I would say that
90% of the time this is all I need, I do have full sets elsewhere, but this
is what I keep accessible.  I would suggest you start there and then buy
whatever you need above that.

Most of the screws on the Bs are 10x32, most of the bolts you will be
tinkering with are 1/4x28 or 5/16x24 (all fine thread) some of the engine
fasteners are coarse thread (I think).

James Nazarian
71 B tourer
71 BGT V8